Friday, November 30, 2012

5K Mud Factor

On November 24th Chris and I ran Mud Factor 5K mud run! Half the proceeds were donated to Helping Heroes Kids. The nice thing I like about this particular obstacle course it was not a race, you could go as fast or as slow as you wanted. They did not time you and everyone was a winner. I really liked this because I DO NOT run and although not horribly out of shape i am in no shape to run 3.2 miles. There were a ton of muddy obstacles. I was so proud of myself, I completed every single one. The one down fall of this run, was because it was not a race at some of the obstacles small lines formed, because no one was in a hurry to finish. (which was nice for me, rest time) It was a beautiful day in the low 80's which made the mud and water not cold at all it actually felt good. All in all it was an amazing experience and i defiantly plan on doing this again. We were not able to get pictures of our self's super muddy because the last muddy slip n slide was more water than mud. They probably did this on purpose to help wash you off. but below are a couple pictures form the run.  

Action shot, Climbing the rope wall

All done and dirty!!

No comments: